We recently spoke with some of our highest ranked OP students who are about to embark on the journey to achieve their future goals:
OP1 students: Deveron Price, who was 2017 DUX has been accepted into provisional medicine at UQ, a graduate program, after completing an undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy (Honours). Chloe Mikkelsen is also studying a degree in Physiotherapy (Honours) at UQ and hopes to go on to study Medicine. Danielle Stephens will also be studying Medicine and Joel Constable will be studying Economics/Law at UQ, hoping to enter the legal profession in the future.
Among our OP2 ranked students, Jasvanti Lala was offered early placement to UQ’s dual degree in Business Management and Science and hopes to pursue a career as a Forensic Biologist. Naomi Lewis also received an early offer to UQ, studying a Bachelor of Politics Philosophy & Economics (Honours), with the hopes of entering a career in Australian federal politics.
We also spoke with some of our other high ranked students to find out where their hard work is leading:
- Samuel Benson is studying Politics, Philosphy & Economics at UQ
- Brittany Botsford is studying Science at UQ as a pathway into Medicine
- Thomas Hieck is undertaking a double degree in Biomedical Science & Business
- Tristan Smith would like to pursue a career in Engineering, following a double degree in Engineering (Honours) & Mathematics at QUT
- Suibhan Slater is studying Physiotherapy at ACU
- Madeline Worner is studying Arts and Education at UQ, and aims to use this double degree to become a teach who specialises in drama and mathematics
- Jordan Garland is interested in a career in information security following a Bachelor of Information Technology at QUT
- Sam Jagger will commence a double degree in Maths and Engineering
- Lauren Kennedy is embarking on a Bachelor of Vision Science/Master of Optometry at QUT
- Lucy Hulbert is studying a double degree of Paramedics/Nursing at QUT
- Chelsea Dawson will be studying at the Qld Conservatorium in a Bachelor of Musical Theatre, hoping to make a career in musical theatre in Australia and abroad
- Erin Hegarty is undertaking a dual degree in Engineering (Honours) and Information Technology at UQ and has a particular interest in the quantum computing industry
- Chyna-Rae Sharp-Jones is studying a double degree in International Security & Arts (Criminology& Psychology) at ANU, which she hopes will lead to a career in counterterrorism
- Bethany Greenwood is studying Midwifery at ACU, hoping to eventually volunteer abroad as a midwife
- Caleb Houston would like to become a teacher after his degree in Law and Science (Honours) at QUT
- Shannen Ogborne will start a degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology at QUT
- Huntah Smith is entering the Wildlife Science course at UQ, hoping to purse a career involving the conservation of animals and the environment.