All students in Years 3 to 9 will have an iPad as their core Information Communication Technology (ICT) to support learning at school and home. The iPad’s compact design, long battery life, accessibility, ease of use and functionality make it an ideal tool to facilitate learning in an information-rich environment.
Students in Years 10 to 12 have the option to bring their own device (see requirements below).
At Redlands College, students use iPads as their core learning technology. Subjects with specialist ICT requirements also have access to technologies designed to address specific learning requirements.
Parents of students in Years 3 to 12 supply an iPad as standard school equipment. The College makes iPads available for each student to use in Prep and Year 2.
The minimum requirements for a parent-supplied iPad:
- a full-sized 32GB iPad i.e. it must not be an iPad mini.
- a recent iPad capable of running the latest iOS, this means replacing iPads after approximately two years of use.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 3rd generation
- a WiFi only model to reduce cost to parents and to ensure internet traffic at the College is filtered.
Families make their own decisions about where and how to purchase iPads.
BYOD Minimum device specifications
- Physical Size: 13" Screen size or larger
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8Gb
- Storage: 128Gb SSD
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Mac OSX Mojave (10.14)
- Wireless Compatibility: 802.11ac
- Battery Life: 6 to 8 hours minimum
- Antivirus Software required
• Extended warranty and robust case
we recommend the purchase of an extended warranty e.g. Apple Care+
. We strongly recommend a robust case to minimise
potential damage, for example, the Griffin Survivor and the LifeProof cases are both highly effective.
No claim of ownership is made on images or screen captures on this page. They remain the property of their respective creators/owners.