Shake Fest, run by Shake & Stir Theatre company, provides a unique opportunity for Arts students across Queensland to focus their artistic abilities in an all-inclusive creative competition celebrating the works of William Shakespeare.
Students compete in rounds against students from other schools across Queensland. Redlands College students competed in seven categories at the Regional Rounds, with seven of the eleven entrants making it through to the State Finals.
Last weekend the Redlands College Finalists for the Queensland Youth Shake Fest competition travelled to the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts to participate in a two-day Shakespeare Festival. Presenting beautifully in a wonderful celebration of all things Shakespeare, our students beat out over 3000 entrants across the state to compete against the best of the best.
Taking home the titles in their categories: Susan Shanyn-Millar took first place for Photography, Laura-Ashley Menla coming in second for Costume Design, Mia Johnstone placing third for Dance, Brendan Kater and Mia Johnstone coming second for their duologue performance, and Brendan Kater placing third for his monologue.
Our biggest congratulations to all of the students who participated.
Redlands College competitors:
- Monologue: Brendan Kater (State Finalist), Kiara White.
- Duologue: Brendan Kater and Mia Johnstone (State Finalists).
- Music: Emma Butler and Chloe Eden.
- Dance: Mia Johnstone (State Finalist).
- Film: Paige Jewell (State Finalist).
- Photography: Susan Shanyn-Millar (State Finalist) and Charlotte Peachey (State Finalist).
- Costume Design: Laura-Ashley Menla (State Finalist) and Gloria Teh
Photo cred to @shake&stir for following photo